55 ignition problems

My 55 Imperial has lost its "spark". The car has run from November 2003 when I got to about a month ago. I checked the spark by removing the #1 plug and with the wire attached put the plug base to the intake manifold and had someone turn over the engine. No spark was seen at the plug. I checked the coil by putting a plug with a 0.175" gap between the coil output and the manifold and got a solid blue spark. I changed the points and condenser and checked that the primary wire was not grounded when both points were open.

Another note is that I have the center portion of the dash off to repair the radio and polish the knobs of the controls. I don't know if something in the ignition requires all of the dash controls and radio to be connected.

I need some suggestions for further trouble shooting.

Roger D. Casagrande