Please WELCOME A New Member, Glen Johnson (1965)

Please WELCOME A New Member, Glen Johnson (1965)

New Subscriber(s): Glen Johnson
Email Address is:
gjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Northern New Jersey

Car(s) owned: 1965 LeBaron (Gold)

Self-Introduction: Growing up through the 50's and 60's, my family referred to me as 'Glen Car Sick'.  I lived for the fall introduction of the new models.  Within days, I would have memorized changes and details for all the new cards, Fords first.  But Imperials had a special place in my heart, partly because they were the most beautiful and elegant and scarcest of cars (Foreign cars didn't register at all on my radar).
 I sort of lost interest in cars after the 70's, when they seemed to loose individuality and started to look alike.  But my devotion to all things Imperial never wavered.
 With a family and house and all the consequent attachments, a commited relationship (not ownership) with an Incomparable Imperial was out of the question.  But with two grown and flown sons and support from my wife, I was finally free(?) to seek my grail.
 After months of searching and calling, Success.  Yesterday, I bought my first Imperial, with my wife's blessing.  My son wanted to know if I was going to sleep in it the first night.  My wife asked where I was going to berth it.  I just told her that the driveway would have to be widend a little (5 feet).
The LeBaron is a 1965, code named Lady for now.  It is gold, with cloth and leather seats.  The body is in real good shape, but the insides are pretty worn.  On the plus side, it was a daily driver for the past 5 years.
The drive home, about 120 miles, was the greatest test drive on my life.
 We floated down the interstate, without event.  I could say 'piloted' as well, since Lady reacts to sudden course vhanges with the equanimity of the QEII.
 Now, all I have to do is get a lot of help to organize what gets fixed first.  I figure about 18 months to get Lady to where she deserves to be.  Following that, we will be together a long time.