 chevrolet sport sedan 1959
 thunderbird 1964 cabriolet---------- Initial Header -----------

Cc          :
Date      : Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:28:28 +0100
Subject : Re: IML: My '59 is runnin fine!

Why not cut the base from an air cleaner that will fit the new carb then cut &
graft it on to your original. This way you will get to keep the original
appearance of the engine bay.Just a thought.
Dave.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Imperial59crown@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 3:52 AM
  Subject: IML: My '59 is runnin fine!

  I picked up my '59 Imperial from it's engine rebuild and new Edelbrock 600CFM
carburetor. The car is running as smooth as glass, but when I got it home I
noticed a very strange air cleaner on it, and my old Carter carb was not in the
car. I went back to the mechanic to get my old carb and air cleaner, and after
quite a bit of searching one of the mechanics finally came over holding my
original air cleaner, and they packed my old Carter into the new Edelbrock box.
It seems they had put on an air cleaner from an old Chevy truck they were
working on also. There was one glitch however. My old air cleaner is now too
narrow to fit over the Edelbrock carburetor. I'm going to look for one of those
chrome plated Edelbrock after market air cleaners for it tomorrow, and I looked
at one today, but it did not fit down over the carb, so it will need the
adapter rings under it to raise it up. This is hopefully a temporary solution,
since I don't want the engine looking like some kids attempt to make a hot rod.
Does anyone know if there is an adapter ring which would make it possible to
use my original air cleaner?

  Bill '59 Crown

******ADSL Tiscali, le Haut débit au meilleur prix ******
Avec Tiscali, profitez de l'ADSL au meilleur prix partout en France !
Pour profiter de cette offre exceptionnelle, cliquez ici :
http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl
Sous réserve d'éligibilité à l'ADSL.