'66 Coupe interior wood removal -- attack from the rear?

'66 Coupe interior wood removal -- attack from the rear?

That sounds like a good idea in principle, Rob.  I'm a little concerned
that the heating process may delaminate the wood from the metal backing as
well.  Anybody who's been down that road and spent some time inside a '66
dash want to chime in on the feasibility of using heat from the rear to
soften the glue that holds the metal panels in place on the dash?

As far as that goes, whatever's behind the panel is invisible anyway.  I
wouldn't mind running some experients with a drill and syringe to get
enough solvent in there to cause the panels to pop out.

So what solvent is the right one for this glue?

Thanks,

David

                      "Rob McCall"

                      <Rob_Mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>         To:
                      Sent by:                        cc:

Coupe interior wood removal -- safe solvent?
                      ialclub.com

                      09/09/2004 08:50 PM

                      Please respond to

                      mailing-list

Can you take out the supporting piece/trim that the wood is attached to?
If
so, maybe just a heat gun and apply some heat to the back of the metal.
Don't roast it, just enough to soften up the adhesive.

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron