IML: Selling Imperials - or attempting to!

IML: Selling Imperials - or attempting to!

Just to toss my two cents' worth in the ring on ebay - I have successfully sold several items, ranging from horse gear to vintage "collectible" sewing machines, and never had any problems.

 I hesitate to consider putting anything as valuable as an Imperial on ebay, however - unless one decided that it was a fire sale, and didn't care what they got nor who it went to. The listing fees and final value fees have recently been jacked up, and if you deign to place a reserve on an item, they really ding you for it.

 In the case of the last two high-dollar sewing machines, I refuse to let them go for less than their invested worth, but have always gotten a very good price, as I describe them accurately (and attractively!) and put in plenty of good pictures. Still, with watching cars belonging to other OIC members (hi Mark!), with lovely pics and great honest descriptions, bringing in piddling ridiculous bids, I don't have the spare money to waste on a pointless listing.

I have had two?? "real" people contact me in two listings on the Club classifieds, and after saying my lower-than-book price was firm, and sending a wonderful and detailed album of pictures and a painfully honest and lengthy description of points good and needful, neither one has had the good grace to return so much as a "no thanks" note. The rainy northwest winter is coming, and it looks as though this car may be sitting in her  private stable for some time yet.

Kate Justet Triplett
Kate's Custom Gunleather
Monroe, Washington
Proud mother of a soldier