IML: -55 Imperial, speedometer and windshield washer question.

IML: -55 Imperial, speedometer and windshield washer question.

Dear all,

We have just recently purchased our very first
Imperial! But when I drove the car the speedometer
didn´t work. However, when I look at the speedo I cant
even see the needle. Should it not be visible pointing
at 0 or does it hide when the car is not moving?
There was some noise from the speedo cable but I have
had it removed since and lubricated it. I will not
have an opportunity to test drive the car for a while
now and that's why I'm asking here.
Second question: How much do I have to remove to get
the instruments out to change bulbs and possibly also
fix the speedometer?

Another question regarding the windshield washer. It
seams to be operated with a foot pedal but it is
stuck. Does anyone have an exploded view of this pump
and how do I remove the little round pedal from the
shaft in order to remove the pump?

Thanks!

Rickard Sporre
Katrineholm, Sweden