RE: IML: 1955 Imperial Jack or What?? (looks like or what to me)

RE: IML: 1955 Imperial Jack or What?? (looks like or what to me)

Hi guys,
My 55 has the factory jack in it.  It is the standard
double toggle lift style with the up and down lever.
There is no screw assembly in it.
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaaa

 --- Dick Benjamin <dickb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My guess is that this is an aftermarket jack.  These
> became popular in about
> that time, because the factory supplied jacks were
> somewhat difficult to
> operate.  The best of these had a 3 legged stand,
> and were really much
> better than the simple vertical "stick" type, which
> would often let the car
> move and fall.
>

> Dick Benjamin
>

>   _____

> Behalf Of
> DONALDDICKINSOND@xxxxxx
> Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 5:46 AM
> To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: IML: 1955 Imperial Jack or What??
>

> I recently bought sight unseen what was listed as a
> 1955 Imperial jack.
> This jack certainly is old but does not look
> anything like the jack shown in
> my user manual.  This one has a removable handle on
> the top that turns a
> large verticle screw enclosed in a cylindrical
> column with a pertruding
> bumper hook.  Help....you experts on old car
> items....what do I have here,
> was it an option for the standard jack or what.  It
> appears to be a nice
> item of the period and works well.

=====
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaa