From: Chad Smith
Sent: 10/6/2004 11:01:33 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 1959 Imperial hood ornament on eBay!

Neal and list:

Neal is Aquatania your car...sweet!  Saw pictures on the website, very nice.  Now, my question for the list is this, in checking out the Ebay item in question, I read remarks written to the seller by someone (was it you Neal?)  who said that this hood ornament was  an optional hood ornament.  Is this true?

After reading that I was compelled to dig for a flashlight and run out to the back forty to see if my car had one (ya, it does!), and if not, how much money I thought that I could reasonably part with to acquire one.  I hadn't realized that there was such a thing as an optional hood ornament.  I am also wondering if there are any more unusual options that are not commonly known about.  I didn't see anything in my Imperial brochures on the hood ornament, so are there any other fun little known about optional equipment?  I am very interested.

Thanks in advance.

Teresa