Re: IML: Spark Plugs for '56

Methinks dear Mister Benjamin is being mild-mannered about this, but have
you really compared Autolites to Champions in your Mopars? With Champions in
any of my vintage Mopars (63-78) I get pinging and fouling. With Autolites I
get neither... and the cars run cooler and smoother. The plugs last for
years (I don't drive my cars that much) but after 15 years with my Imperial,
I haven't even had to replace the Autolites since the 90s.

I don't own any interest in Autolite, so my only bias is as a satisfied
customer, but perhaps you should give them another shot! (By the way, my
dear departed honest old-timer mechanic, who worked on all kinds of cars but
owned a '67 Imperial as well, wouldn't use anything but Autolites in his
customers' or his own Mopars. He's the one who got me hooked, and a
surprisingly large number of friends have concurred since!)

Up to you, but I thought I'd cast another vote in agreement with Dick B
(then again, I usually agree with his wisdom)...

Chris in LA
78 NYB Salon
67 Imperial