Re: IML: More on Plugs for '56

I have never had problems with platinum plugs in the newer cars that I drive, in fact I have about 80,000 miles on a set in one of my cars right now (not recommended).

The thing is, there is little point in spending the money for a long life spark plug in a car that doesn't burn fuel efficiently enough to get the benefit. The spark plugs in '50s and '60s Imperials are suppose to be changed every 10-15,000 miles. Newer cars can easily go 60,000 miles between plug sets, so that's why I purchase the higher price plugs.

Paul