Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 7:15 PM
Subject: Re: IML: IML Paint the Radiator, '58 Southampton

Nope! I got another call. The $68.00 was to replace the rods (?is that the
right word?), and once they tried the core disintegrated. I'm replacing the
core now for $265.00, and it has been ordered from Ohio. The original tanks
are sound. They're going to paint the whole thing for me and want to know
what color, so my original question remains.

Thanks

Patrick

Radiator paint question...

I've had the radiator pulled from my '58 for about 2 months and have been
riding it around in the trunk of my daily driver, this in the hopes of
happening through a neighboring town (Slidell, Louisiana) to drop it off for
a test and anticiapted recore. Today was finally the day, and I was
impressed with the shop. They had a '38 Ford in the bay and were plainly
busy and well-organized. No wrecks in the side lot, etc. I left the
radiator and by the time I got back to my office, they were calling with an
estimate for the re-core, $68.00. It's supposed to be done by Friday. They
asked me to bring the fuel tank on my next visit. I was impressed, because
the reception I've gotten so far from other vendors is that they'd take the
tank only if I begged hard enough. My two favorite mechanics in town
recommended the shop in Slidell, and I can now see why.

QUESTION: I want to paint the radiator tank and the shroud before
re-assemble it. I apologize in advance if that information A: is already on
the site, or B: was the subject of a recent litany of emails. Regardless,
anyone care to give me some pointers? Correct color(s)? Type of paint?
Source for paint?

Thanks very much.

Patrick Moore
Southeast Louisiana