From: <ViaJoaquin@xxxxxxx>
To: <rehrenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 6:22 PM
Subject: DISC-O-TECH Article

> Howdy,
> I was provided a link to your DISC-O-TECH article on Mopar Online and
wanted to comment how nice it was to see something so thorough and detailed
with regard to doing a conversion! I'm a "heavy metal" Mopar fan, owning a
67 Imperial, so brakes are always of interest to me. Since your article
referenced Imperial rear disks and also the first ABS brakes I wanted to ask
if you were familiar with 60s Imperial Budd brakes and any possible
conversions. It's not that the Budd brakes are a problem, but the rotors are
impossible to find as Imperial Budds are even beefier than C-Body Budds. I
have heard of one example of a 67 Imperial converted with 72 C-Body
components which left the car with two wheel bolt patterns, 5 on 5 at the
front and 5 on 5 1/2 at the rear. That may have just been a conversion based
on opportunity. Since later Imperials have a 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern and
discs I would presume that a swap would be possible, but I haven't seen any.
What are your thoughts. I realize that Imperials are orphans, but they do
have quite a following. I would invite you to visit
http://www.imperialclub.com to see just how much of a following!
> Thanks,
> Roy Bowman

--- End Message ---