Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 3:42 PM
Subject: IML: Seized Anchor Bolts?

I found out that I did  have the right brake adjusters located on the 1948 Crown Imperial.  The cams turn but don't appear to really do that much, however the Anchor bolts will NOT turn at all.

Both front drums are off but won't go on until the shoes are adjusted.  Is there a better way to free up those Anchor bolts?  I have put WD-40 on them in hopes that they would loosen.  That didn't help so I tried a little Kroil on them and that so far hasn't worked either.  I have read that the proper lubricant for them is "Lubriplate" which I will use once I get the Anchor Bolts loosened and any penetrating oil removed.

Are there any suggestions out there?   I really need to get those tires rolling!

Thanks

Ned     '48 Crown Imperial