Re: IML: 65 Exhaust noise

Casey

There are ways to find out the high end quality of the shop that did your
work.  Did they make a "H" in the exhaust system when they did the work ?  If
they did not do this, then why not.

As Elijah stated did they do the hidden hook for the tail pipe ?  Or did they
just bend the tubing downward like a truck ?  The shop that did our '63 did
it correct without a word from me.  The shop that did the '66 acted as if I was
asking sumthin out of line when I asked him to re-do it with the MoPar hook (
it still looks funny ).

When I did the '63 I did not know about the "X".  And the shop did the "H"
without asking ( same shop that did the correct MoPar hook ).  With the '66 I
told the guy that I wanted the "X" for I wanted more power from idle to
red-line.  Both cars have a true resonator running parallel to the gas tank.
Resonators will be there when glass-packs are popping.  The longer the resonator the
better "country club" audio you will have.  Ask for the ones that are over 20"
long and the same inside diametor as the tubing.

                                       Rodger & Gabby
                                       Colo Spgs

'47 De Soto Custom w/Fluid Drive & passenger door mounted swamp cooler
'63 Le Baron w/F-Sweep trunk lid & std A/C
'66 Le Baron w/dual A/C & reverbed AM/FM
'70 Overlander - InterNational
'77 D150 w/360, NP 4 Spd, 12 Bolt Axle, OEM Buckets & etc