Re: IML: 1990 chrysler imperial

Hi all i tried this on my 90 imperial i installed the said air shocks pumped them with air and got 50 psi with no lift i thought maybe they were bad shocks so i returned them for a replacement pair which reached 160 psi with no lift then a pop and they dropped down to 30 psi the shocks call for a psi of 25 - 200 psi any clues?

In a message dated 11/25/2004 6:37:15 PM Central Standard Time, roadhogg@xxxxxxx writes:
Mary Lou.  Unfortunately the air ride system on these cars is cost
prohibitive to repair.  the best solution I've come across is to install
standard gas struts in the front of the car and air shocks in the rear such
as the Gabriel Hijacker shocks.  You can plumb the air lines into the trunk
area for convenient manual ride height adjustment.  Automatic ride height
adjustment is not impossible, it is just far more complex and in my
experience, is not necessary.

Please quote this message in your reply.  Otherwise I will be unable to
reply to your message.  Thanks.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mary Lou Janiga" <maryjaniga@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2004 4:31 PM
Subject: IML: 1990 chrysler imperial

i am looking and still looking for air ride
compression for the car...it has very low ride and i
would not drive it over a bump because the bottom
would drop out.  would any one know how to get an air
ride for this car.  this is the reason i came around
this site.  i tried a 1990 dynasty but it doesnt have
air ride and parts for this car 1990 chrysler imperial
are hard to find in hamilton ontario canada without
paying scrap price for parts which amount too what i
paid for the car....300 bucks canadian