Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 10:42 AM
Subject: IML: Please WELCOME A New Member, Joe Reiss (Seeking Late '60s)

New Subscriber(s): Joe Reiss
Email Address is: joeydahook9@xxxxxxx
Member Location: Southwest Washington

Car(s) owned: Currently none. Looking for a mid - late 60's model.

Self-Introduction: Hello,  I'm a 50 year old Mopar nut that is into building big block mopars.  Past Mopars include a 64 Fury 318, 65 Belvedere 318, 65 Satellite 318, 66 Imperial coupe, 66 Belvedere 383 4 speed convertible, 66 Dodge Monaco 383, and currently a 67 Belvedere that I'm building a 451 stroker motor for.  I'm a patrol sergeant in the county sheriff's office, and a member of the 1962 to 1965 Mopars Club. My younger brother has a 1970 Cuda 4 speed that I just built a 440 for.  This motor has the scarce crossram intake, 12 to 1 compression and is a screamer to say the least.
I plan on buying a mid to late 60's Imperial for my 15 year old daughter's first car.  Might as well start out with the best!  While at a local NASCAR event, I obtained a set of rules and was suprised to see that the regional demolition derby scantioning group will not allow a Imperial to enter. At least people won't be intentionally destroying them.

  I love the earlier Imperials.  Nothing rides better and the power is there when you need it.  I have been reading the archives on engine repair and found it's a great place to get ideas and help when I get stumped on things.  I can put in my 2 cents worth with things that I've tried that did/didn't work too.  You guys/gals have an outstanding site.  Mopar fanatics?....Sign me up!  Joe Reiss - Kelso, WA  (40 miles North of Portland, OR)