Re: IML: Happy New Year, Imperial style!

Re: IML: Happy New Year, Imperial style!

Kate, most likely your car has limited slip diff, as it was a recommended
option, especially up north (my 68 Sedan that was "born" in the north east has
one).  The easiest way to tell if you have limited slip is when at a stand
still on wet pavement, hit the gas hard (like half way down) for a second.  If
it has limited slip, you should hear both tires spinning, instantly.  If not,
you will probably hear one of them spinning (the rear right one).  It works
with loose dirt too, and of course if you are turning in the same time, it can
get interesting!

The other "for sure" way is to raise the back end so that both tires are off the
ground and turn by hand one wheel (car in neutral)  If both wheels spin the same
direction, you have "sure grip".

D^2, w/ one of the 68's w/out sure grip

-