Re: IML: Sure-grip rear end

>From: "Kate Triplett"
>does anyone know what the code is for the limited slip rear end in these
>years? She sure acts as though she has one!

Kate --

Look at your build sheet (tucked inside the springs below the rear seat
cushion or behind the rear seat back).  Any strapping pioneer woman should
have no trouble at all removing the seat and checking underneath.  In '68,
408 = Sure Grip and 637 = 3.23 Sure Grip.  You probably don't have 637.  I
think the largest car with that was the 300 because you could get it with a
4-speed OD manual transmission.  All the Imperials and other big cars with
Torqueflites got "freeway" rear ends to keep the gas mileage up.

Of course, if someone replaced your original rear end at some time during
the car's life, whatever you find using the other methods that have been
suggested is what you have now.

-- David