Re: IML: a limited-slip diff by any other name

Bill I like your cars nic-name!
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 9:55 AM
Subject: IML: a limited-slip diff by any other name

<SNIP>
I may be a purist in some respects, so please forgive me, but
"Posi-Traction", or "Posi-Trac", one of the two, is a registered Trademark
of GM, used on Pontiac Motor Car Division cars starting in '63, I believe.
The MoPar name, also a Registered Trademark, is "Sure-Grip" for the
differential.  Posi is like Kleenex, or Xerox.  Generally accepted as the
dominant generic term used by the population.  Xerox, though, fought back,
hard, and got back control over their brand name in the '80's so they did
not become another "Kleenex".

Best to all in '05!

Bill Ulman
Seattle, WA
'66 Crown Convertible Coupe - Doris Day
WA State plates: FIT4AQN

In answer to someone's question.  No, I am not a Queen.  I'm just a
princess, my mother hasn't died yet.  Thanks for asking though.
<SNIP>

Well, Bill, I (for one) NEVER thought that of you. I thought it was Doris who was the reigning Queen in your neighborhood!   (and may your dear mom live a long time yet!)

And Lucille didn't make a quarter-turn on either wheel as she climbed that slippery slope of muddy grass (OOPS!) so I am thinking D2 is correct in his assumption!

Today we made the dreaded commute from Sultan to Bellevue in true Imperial fashion - a breathtakingly cold clear morning and quite a lovely drive in! I LOVE the way Lucille's heater puts all that nice hot air right on my knees where I like it! Now, if I could just find that darn hissing vacuum line in the Autotemp so the air (or at least part of it) would also go on the windshield...... I am too old to lay in those contorted positions with my head jammed under the dash.

Kate Justet Triplett
Kate's Custom Gunleather
Monroe, Washington
Proud mother of a soldier (who is thankfully not overseas!)
and owner of  "Lucille" 1968 Crown