Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 10:09 PM
Subject: IML: ''71 electrical glitch

Happy New Year, gang
I just picked up my alleged 34,000-mile, one-owner, parked-since-1987,
never-left-California 1971 LeBaron from the docks yesterday. It needs a lot of work
but for starters, it's got some kind of electrical system demon that drains
the battery almost immediately upon starting.
Previous owner installed new battery, new alternator, new electronic ignition
but clearly that wasnt the problem. Driving it around the block just now, the
lights started to fade and then went out altogether just as I pulled into the
driveway. A couple minutes with the battery charger and she starts right up,
but then the lights start to dim ...
Anyway, I have zero aptitude with electrical stuff, so Im handing it over to
my professional. Any quick thoughts on what might be the culprit? Short
someplace?
Aloha and many thanks.
Jim Kelly
'68 LeBaron