[FWDLK] Heh heh woops!

Hello all
Another little story to boast of my ignorance.

My Christmas present car runs fine.  The air conditioner seems to
work even.  Everything seems good except the brakes (bad master cyl).
I was sitting in it listening to it run and wondering why it wouldn't
start in Park, only in Neutral.  I decided to see if it would move by
driving it into the car port (not literally, of course).

I put it in drive and it edged forward about an inch and stopped.  I
gave it a little gas and the car shook a little but didn't move.  I
gave it a little more gas and it just shook more.  I put it in Park
and got out to see what was going on.  It settled back a little and
stopped when I put it in park.

I saw that the wheels were indeed turning, and digging a rut in the
mud.  Ahh, okay, not shaking, just getting stuck.  Then the wheels
turned backwards a little and spun.  That was weird.  Then it did it
again.  I got back in the car pretty quick and looked at the push
buttons for the transmission.  I knocked a little bit of dirt off the
push button for Park and found it was an "R" for Reverse.  P became
R.  Needless to say, I got back it in Neutral and the parking brake
on before I ran into my truck that was parked fairly close behind the
car.

Heh, heh.  No Park.  Learn something new every day...
At least this wasn't as bad as figuring out those *&$^# reverse lug
nuts on the driver side.  Those still mess with my head.

-Shannon White
Shannon White                (254) 867-4830
              swhite@xxxxxxxx
INS, where termination isn't a bad thing...