Re: [FWDLK] Minutia

Larry C. Stanley wrote:

> Also, is there a source for the correct spark plug boots and the red dist.
> boot for number one plug and Autolite marked repro. plug wires?
>
> Larry

Andy Bernbaum (as of 2 or 3 years ago when I purchased the set) has the spark
plug boots set for:
Part No.      Ply    cyl      Dodge      cyl    DeSoto   cyl   Chrys    cyl
trucks           Price
K-221     33-59      6        33-59       6        33-54     6     34-54
6          33-59          $25
K-221-A
33-50    8                               32

The set is called Accessory Spark Plug Ever-Dry Kit and it comes with the
"rubber boot" and the plug metal cup
----However: Beware--
Soon after I installed this kit I started having severe engine ignition
problems after the engine reached normal temperature--The motor would stall
constantly and spark plug firing was uneven --It left me stranded quite a few
times until I figured out that the "rubber boots" were acting as a conductor
(instead of insulating the spark plug) at a high temperature and were shorting
the spark plugs.  I took them off and the problem disappeared right away.  It
seems like the boot is made out of some rubber composite that acts as a
conductor at a high temperature--Strange--It was a waste of money---So much for
inferior quality parts!--
If anybody else knows where to get the "real spark plug boots" let me know--

My car has the original red boot or cap on the No. 1 plug wire but I don't know
who carries that----

Jesus