Re: [FWDLK] Newer 318 into 56 Savoy

Another option is to use the tail section from a 62 Chrysler 727
TorqueFlight on the 62 to 64 A block trans. This has the same trans mounted
drum hand brake that provides parking and Emergency brakes which are not on
the rear axel of a 56 Mopar.
Also, late 56 Chrysler and Imperials, and 57 to 59 Dodge Trucks used the
cast iron TorqueFlight and have a 3 speed pushbutton cluster that fits into
the 56 car's dash pushbutton housing.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500
At 04:47 PM 2/4/99 -0800, you wrote:
>For what it worth I took the park cable and found a place to hide it and
>did a little cutting on the
>other cable to make it fit, the only thing is you have remember to take it
>out of park  if you use it
>or make sure to lock park out if you don't so that it can;t accidently kick
>in. This is easy to do and
>repair later if you want.
>Jim
>>If I remember right, the 62 to 64 trans also has a park cable separate
>from the
>>shift cable. How do you handle that? I just picked up a 57 Plaza 2 door club
>>sedan that I am going to put a 413 in. ( jade green and sand dune white that
>>matches my 57 hardtop) I have a 62 trans that I would like to use. My thought
>>was to possibly use a newer trans, put a shifter on the floor and look for a
>>pushbutton delete plate. Any thought on this?
>>Don.
Dave