[FWDLK] Not forwardlook related

While this post is not forward look related, it is probably something that
hits home.
I'm from Phillipsburg, NJ and every day I went past a strip mall, I saw a
bright orage 1950 Ford pickup street rod. It didn't matter what the weather
was. It was a nice truck and even had lots of stone chips as evidence of a
truck that was driven.
A few months ago, in the paper I read, that the truck was owned by Gregory
Hummer of Phillipsburg NJ. He had died in a car accident (but not with the
truck). He was 20 years old  and already an avid street rodder. Alot of
people didn't know him, but knew him as the kid with the orange truck. He
built the truck himself and was working at the Sherman Williams paint store
at night. He was going to school ans had gotten his father interested in the
rod habit. They had planned on starting a rod business together. This is a
sad story and it is a loss to a great hobby.

In Macungie Park in Macungie,PA on Oct 24, they are have a car show in his
memory and all the money is going to a scholarship fund in his name. I know
there are some people on the list from the NJ/PA area. IF you are
interested. Pre registration for the show is a whopping $8.00  I sent in my
registration plus a little donation.

Like I said, I didn't know this kid, but it really hits home.
If anyone would like the entrance fee with all the details. send me your
address and I'll mail you a form. Or if you want to know how far Macungie is
from your house, let me know what town you live in.

Thanks for reading.
Nick