Re: [FWDLK] Ron Albright's '55 DeSoto

 ---- Ron Albright <sharons@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(snip)

> How do I determine if my car is a Sportsman or just a
> regular Firedome 2DHT?  The Price Guide magazine
> lists value for both models.  Any help on this would
> be appreciated.

Hi, Ron,

As I recall, a Sportsman has a chrome applique at the base of the C-pillar with
 the word "Sportsman" in gold script.  This moulding forms a sort of rounded V.
 A circular emblem with a black "DeS" insert hovers above.

A non-Sportsman has a plain straight moulding at the base of the C-pillar.  An
 emblem hovering above this looks somewhat like a black enamelled metal version
 of your white plastic crest at the front of the car just below the hood
 opening.

Mike Sealey
I Think I Have A Life Beyond MoPars,
But Both Ex-Wives Might Disagree...