Re: [FWDLK] What the hell is that ?

Phil Patterson writes: Pretty cool Nick, will be curious to see this one. I am a
little skeptical about home brew customs though. 30 years ago in my youth, I saw
a fellow cut the roof off of a 58 Belvedere 2 dr hardtop. replace that with a
homemade plywood top, then  replaced the front clip with a unit from a 70 GTO.
Needless to say, the patient didn't survive the operation. It was a sad day in
Forward Look land. We also used to have a lot of home made pickups here in West
Virginia. Usually with plywood and clear plastic for the back of the cab.Most of
these didn't fare too well either, but did see one guy finish a 68 Coupe de
Ville off correctly with welded seams and paint. That one didn't look too bad,
but properly done ones are far and few between. Sorry about the rant, just have
seen one too many cars die of a trunkectomie If you think the homemade pickups
are bad, you should have seen all the cars we had around here that were turned
into power units for small local sawmills. Sometimes you can find a good set of
fenders on one of those though. If I see the remnants of an old sawmill, I check
it out for just in case. The last one of these I saw was a 48 Buick. Luckily not
a Mopar. And you haven't seen nothing until you have seen a 58 Impala
tractor.......At least that one wasn't a Mopar either..