[FORWARDLOOK] WTB: 58 dodge 4dr sedan trunk floor

[FORWARDLOOK] WTB: 58 dodge 4dr sedan trunk floor

Hola.

Any have or maybe know the whereabouts of a solid trunk floor for a '58
Dodge Royal four-door sedan?

And how do I tell what its paint scheme might have been.  I know it was
originally dark red and white (with a black and white interior), but
can't figure how the two-toning went.  I know Dodge had a few
variations.  This is one of the later-issue cars, with the side chrome
strip running all the way front to back -- not one of the earlier ones
with the strip ending two-thirds of the way toward the rear of the car
followed by the model name.

Finally, it has the D500 engine and the D500 logo on the trunk lid, but
the inside of the lid is painted black and the model designation on the
data plate says "L" for low-priced, or something.  Shouldn't it have "M"
or "H" or whatever because of the higher-powered engine?

Anyone want to recommend a mechanic in the New York metro area?  I'm a
good customer.

Any '58 Regal Lancer owners here, yet?  Gawd, those cars are amazing.

Regards,
Chris Whalen

'58 Chrysler New Yorker 2-door hardtop
'58 Dodge Royal D500 (?) 4-door sedan
'60 Imperial LeBaron 4-door hardtop
'58 Edsel Citation 2-door hardtop (sorry)

http://home.earthlink.net/~rapilje