Re: [FWDLK] Forward Look goes to the movies

Re: [FWDLK] Forward Look goes to the movies

If I remember correctly, "Where the Boys Are" is pretty much entirely
Chrysler Corporation Forward Look cars.  George Hamilton IV drives a
1958 or 1959 Imperial convertible; Yvette Mimeux after she's been (what
had she been?  the movie was vague about it.  raped, maybe) whatevered
wanders flipped out through speeding traffic, several times almost
getting run over by one or to of a stream of what I believe are all 1960
Mopars  -- I do remember that one of them is a '60 Polara.

"American Graffiti," of course, shows a '60 Imperial at Mel's Drive-In.
And "Butterfield 8" shows Dina Merrill climbing out of a '60 Imperial
LeBaron.

I read once somewhere that there's some later-1950s teenage drive-in
type movie that shows a '57 Imperial pulling up and a teenager regarding
it and saying, "The flying saucers have landed," but don't know what
that movie was.

Just saw some old murder movie with Jack Palance and Lana Turner or
somebody driving I think separate 1958 Dodges along the Pacific Coast
Highway.  Whoever the woman is isn't supposed to know how to drive.
There's a dead body in the front car.  Together Jack and whomever push
one Dodge over a cliff and into the sea with the other.  Boring movie,
but the car stuff was cool.

Isn't there a time capsule in the midwest, buried in 1957, that's
supposed to be opened in 2000 that has a '57 Plymouth Belvedere two-door
hardtop in it?

Finally, the 1960 Plymouth catalog.  If you have the right catalog, or
if you have the right ads, and you see a grey haired couple in the
photographs, look closely and you'll see that the man is Bill Bixby, of
My Favorite Martian/Courtship of Eddie's Father/Incredible Hulk fame.
THe ads were shot before he became famous.  He (and the woman in the
ads) have silver hair because the advertising people wanted them dyed
that way.  There's a book out called "Boulevard Photographic" about a
company in Detroit that was called Boulevard Photographic that isn't in
business anymore that shot most of the car stuff for Chrysler, GM, Ford,
and the independents for their ads back then.  Book has chapters devoted
to the '55-'56 Plymouths, the '56-'57-'60 Dodges (outdoor photography
first on the West Coast and later at Cape Cod, I think), and more.