[FWDLK] Gateway decisions

I think we should consider what other avenues people have to discovering
the Forward Look list. I saw the posting on the MML when it first started-
where is the information available currently?
        I think the important role of the list is to foster community among lovers
of these cars, more than just to have a comfy closed club of those of us
who are already onboard. If there's no way way for people to hear of it and
join currently, maybe gateway status would help spread the word to other
finlovers out there.
        On the other hand, if it's already easy enough to find out about the list,
maybe unduly exposing it to Usenet net is a bad idea- for one thing, if you
post it does make you vulnerable to commercial spamming, which a
mailing-list only wouldn't do. I know the MML consdiered it at one point
and decided against it.

        My feeling would be to make sure list info is available elsewhere, but
don't make it a gateway.

-Paul Clark
'64 Dart GT