Re: [FWDLK] FINS

St. Clair, Todd wrote:

> > 100% better.  It's like butta!!!

> >I agree.  I never seem to get hit with cross winds, and the car is as stable
 as
> > a missle.

> >I hate the Bias-Plys though.  They make the car very "jumpy" to the slightest
> >imperfection in the pavement.  I think they may be overinflated though -- I
> > have them at 32 PSI. Should I run them softer?

> >-Dave
> I'm convinced that the fins play a big role. Like I said earlier, my car
> lives at 70mph (I don't try this with my wife's Geo-it starts to use oil and
> cross winds blow it all over). I read somewhere that the Chrysler engineers
> used wind tunnel testing to design the fins.
>  As for tires-mine were overinflated-38psi and the ride was terrible. I put
> them down to 32 and there was much improvement. A tech where I work who used
> to own a 58 Chrysler when they were new told me to run them at 30psi.. Might
> be worth trying.
>   Todd

Tail Fins work??

My 2 cents.
When I finished the rebuild on my 300, I took it easy breaking in the
motor.
When I thought it was safe for the hemi, I then proceeded to see what it
would do.
Late in the evening I hit the beltway around Indy. Went into a sweeping
curve at
140+, backed off the gas, at the apex I hit the pedal again. (about 135)
She straightened her self out and all I had to do was center the
steering wheel.
(What a feeling) Felt real stable and safe.
Cruising on the highway was always smooth, both in the 300 and my New
Yorker (both
57s) Never once bothered by cross winds or Semi's either passing me or
when I passed
them.
I used to run 28 psi in my tires.

Paul Holmgren