Re: [FWDLK] 6 to 12 VOLT Conversion....

At 4:16 AM -0400 5/29/98, PlymouthV8@xxxxxxx wrote:
>  Anyone here ever converted a '55 MOPAR electrical system before??? I was
>considering the conversion, has anyone here done it, and if so did you run
>into any problems?????
>
>Thanks,
>Josh
> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/acker75/plymouth.htm";>1955 Plymouth Page</A>

Yes, I've done it, and I'm doing it again now.  I'm converting a 55
Belvedere to 12-volt negative ground.  Fortunately, most of the 56 Plymouth
parts bolt up and run 12-volt negative ground.  Besides the voltage
diofference, the starter and radio are sensitive to polarity.  The coil
will run OK, but better if you use the 56-version with a built in ballast.
The condensor in the disti also needs to be changed to the 56 kind.

Richard Main
Livermore, CA
55 Belvedere
56 Fury