[FWDLK] Hello!

Hi, all. . .

Dave just introduced me to this list, and I must say, it's been long overdue.  I searched for something like this once and didn't find anything, so didn't look again, so I guess it found me.

My only functional MoPar is my '57 Fury (Mr. Finzzz).  I just finished an 8 year body off restoration, the only things non-stock are hardened valve seats and a fuel regulator on the fuel line, since I was having problems with the secondary carburator leaking and overflowing due to getting too much fuel.  I also had problems between the regulator and generator, and people kept trying to get me to put in an alternator, but I just couldn't do it!  That problem is now fixed, hopefully for good.

Now  that my car is "done" (yeah, right)  my only remaining problem is that, while cruising at, say, 60 MPH, if I goose it, most of the time it GOES, but sometimes it kind of sputters and loses power, keeps going, but slows to 35-50 and won't go any faster til I stop and let him rest.  I only have 600 miles on the rebuilt block, could it be a "breaking in" thing?

My loooooong term goal is to have one of each Plymouth model from '57 (and running).  It's a difficult and very expensive goal, but the only cars I'm missing are the Plaza and Belvedere convertible.  I also have a '58 red/white with red/black interior Belvedere 2dht for sale.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this list, as I'm sure I'll get much use out of it!   mjh

Mark J. Hash
Sutherlin, OR
'57 Plymouth Fury