Re: [FWDLK] Clear Steering Wheel Restoration

Re: [FWDLK] Clear Steering Wheel Restoration

I have a "friend" (someone I know well) that reproduce nearly everthing for
mopar 57-59. He reproduce rubberitems, JiffyJet, elevtrical systems better
than anyone else, alusteps for the doors..... I heard that he was doing a
new tool so he could restore steeringwheels with. The only problem is that
this guy does not accept any 99% He wants it 200% perfect! So it will
probably take a whilee before he is ready. I will keep you posted how he is
doing.

Daniel Andersson, Sweden
----------
> From: Steve Young <Mercougar@xxxxxxx>
> Subject: Clear Steering Wheel Restoration
> Date:  den 26 juli 1998 13:35
>
> I did get hold of Sid Wilson in Florida and he does do steering wheels.
> Apparently he does clear wheels, but he says he is not taking steering
wheels
> "at the present time".  I have no idea what that means interms of getting
my
> steering wheel repaired, except that I do not believe I will send it to
him
> now.
> Somebody out there must be doing them!
> A year or so ago, Classic Auto Restorer featured a 59 Plymouth and they
had a
> note referring to the side bar giving the information on the person who
did
> the clear wheel, BUT THEY FORGOT TO PUT THE SIDE BAR IN THE ARTICLE!!!!
Any