Re: [FWDLK] horns

 Ok, is my car different? My 58 Plymouth shop manual does not show any horn
 relay. It shows exactly how my car is wired. A green wire runs from the battery
 terminal on the regulator to the horn. The black return wire then goes to the
 steering column. When the horn ring is pressed, the circuit is closed and the
 horn goes off. I disconnected the horn and hooked an Ohm meter to the
 terminals. It is not shorted. I press the horn ring and then it is shorted, as
 it is supposed to be. The horn works find if it isn't attached to the body (say
 holding it). A friend gave me a spare horn. It doesnt short to ground, but is
 so rusty inside, it just clicks when the horn ring is pressed.
 I'm stumped.
          Todd

--

http://www.mailexcite.com