[FWDLK] questions on 6cylk exhasut and horns

[FWDLK] questions on 6cylk exhasut and horns

I have a 56 Plymouth with the 6cyl
I can't seem to keep exhaust gaskets in it. The one between the pipe and
manifold.

At first the the 1st exhaust hanger was after the muffler. The pipe kept
loosening up.
Now we put a hanger closer to the front and it doesnt seem to be
loosening up anymore.
Should there be a  bracket from the trans bellhousing to the pipe ?

anyway, I keep blowing out the paper gasket between the pipe and
minifold. I remember baout 10 years ago when I first got the car, the
gasket was copper, but I can't seem to locate one.

the only other Idea someone gave me was to make one myself out of metal
and sandwich the asbestos one inbetween a epoxie it. then install it in
the car.

second question is
How do the horns work. When you press the horn button, does it complete
a ground in the system and the horn blows or does it complete 12 volts
and the horn blows.

right now, there is a constant 12 volts going to my horns without the
horn being depressed. Should it be that way ? or should the horn itself
be isolated from grounding itself againt the car.

any insight would be helpful.

Thanks,
Nick