[FWDLK] Black '58 Fury conv. w/392

I've seen enough muscle MoPars that the books say should not exist that I would
 also get behind Mel on this.  Among others, I've seen a '58 Adventurer painted
 that emerald green color from that era with white Sportones and paint codes to
 match.

I also have no trouble picturing Rick Nelson getting whatever kind of Fury he
 wanted.  I know every time I've ever seen Ozzie pictured with a car, be it TV,
 movies, or real life, it's always been MoPar.

The one I do have some doubts about is the Petty car.  This would've been at a
 time when Lee, and later Richard, were still racing Oldsmobiles.  Lee ran a '56
 Dodge D-500 in '56, signing a factory deal with Olds for the '57 season.  The
 Automobile Manufacturer's Assn. banned direct manufacturer sponsorship of
 racing some time in midyear '57.  GM publicly took this farther than other
 manufacturers, although the Pettys and some Chevy and Pontiac teams were later
 acknowledged to have received clandestine help.  The Olds NASCAR parts ran out
 shortly after Lee won the '59 Daytona 500 by an eyelash in a '59 Olds.  The
 Pettys returned to MoPar later that year with a '59 Savoy business coupe.

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com