[FWDLK] Speaking of poly 318s

Hello list,
I have a question about old 318's, like the one I have in my 54. (engine is '66)
 I was wondering if anyone could help me with adjusting the valves.  I am pretty
sure it has solid lifters, and I know that they haven't been adjusted in a long
time.  I have never done this before and could use some pointers.  Is it a
difficult process?  Any special tools involved? Would someone give me an idiots
guide to how to adjust valves on a 318 poly?  I don't want to miss something so
keep it simple please.  Thanks.

Peter
pgalmish@xxxxxxxxx
Denver, Colo.
By the way I have a complete '66 318 (runs) carb needs work (edelbrock 600)
with 727 and four barrel.  Will let it all go for 275.  a steal.   Manifold
around 100.