[FWDLK] Engine vent tube

I have an odd-ball question for the experts.  I am rebuilding a 1956 Dodge
Super Red Ram engine, 315 CID, Polyspheric.  The one on my car has been
modified.  The vent tube at the rear of the crank case was dangling by it's
retaining bolt and an adapter was attached to yhe vent hole.  the adapter
went to the base of the Stromburg 2 bbl carburetor.  It appears to be an
aftermarket 1956 version of a PCV valve.

My debate is - do I use the vacuum vent assembly or replace it with the
original vent tube.  Let me know what you think.

P.S.  I like hearing everyons ideas and approaches.  I have learned much
even though I do not post many messages.  Keep the info comming.