Re: [FWDLK] Engine vent tube

Ken,

Use the original draft tube. Then send me the adapter so I can use it on my
engine.
These were common in California, where any vehicle that changed hands was
required to be updated to a PCV system at the time of title transfer. I have
something like it on my 56 Olds that I bought in Los Angles. These PCV
modifications were much more efficient at purging sludge forming chemicals
from the crankcase than the old draft tube system, thus extending engine
life and keeping the atmosphere cleaner at the same time.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500
At 08:36 AM 10/1/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I have an odd-ball question for the experts.  I am rebuilding a 1956 Dodge
>Super Red Ram engine, 315 CID, Polyspheric.  The one on my car has been
>modified.  The vent tube at the rear of the crank case was dangling by it's
>retaining bolt and an adapter was attached to yhe vent hole.  the adapter
>went to the base of the Stromburg 2 bbl carburetor.  It appears to be an
>aftermarket 1956 version of a PCV valve.
>
>My debate is - do I use the vacuum vent assembly or replace it with the
>original vent tube.  Let me know what you think.
>
>P.S.  I like hearing everyons ideas and approaches.  I have learned much
>even though I do not post many messages.  Keep the info comming.

Dave