Re: [FWDLK] What do I have?

A friend gave me a 54 De Soto Firedome 4Dr sedan to save it from the
Zoning police in his town. I got it home yesterday and started looking
it over. The engine didn't quite look right. I don't know much about
Forward Look cars as I'm into 42 De Sotos, but I do have a 55 Firedome.
I looked at the engine in that car and the two aren't the same. Looking
through some De Soto manuals, I found a picture of the engine in the 58
De Soto. That's what this one looks like. It's is clear once I started
looking more closely that this engine has been 'adapted' to fit this 54.
I finally managed to scrape off the gunk from the tab behind the water
pump and found this:

        C 383

        30  2

What engine is this?