Re: [FWDLK] POR 15 website and

I used  that product on the steering wheel of my 57 Fury, which was absolutely
basket case-throw-it-away material. It had more of the wire of the wheel showing
than there was plastic left! There were whole sections where the plastic had
dropped right off.
My experiences were:
It is real easy to work with
It leaves a beautiful surface, ready to paint
You are able to recreate entire missing sections with it
The finished product is rock-hard.
However, after a year or so, it is starting to show signs of cracking beneath
 the
surface of the paint. Not much, but cracking all the same. It seems to get worse
when parked in the sun all day at a swap meet or something.
Basically the core of the wheel is solid steel, which is going to heat up and
expand in the sun-no way round that. So whatever goes over the top has to also
heat up and expand and then contract again, causing hair line cracks. I see no
 way
round this.
It is still real nice to look at if you don't look too hard-they are only tiny
hair line cracks, and I am prepared to sand it back, reapply the putty and
 repaint
every three years or so if necessary. It is not that big a job if you keep on
 top
of it and don't let it get to the stage where you have to replace entire
 sections.

Overall, I think the product is as good as you will get.
Glenn.