Re: [FWDLK] Kroil

I think I am the one that started all this talk about "Kroil" with my
questions about my Studebaker Hawk frozen engine.  I am waiting for my
next batch of cans in the mail.  They did not mention this special of
the large cans at 2 for 1.  Anyway, an old timer around here seems to
swear by the "Sili-Kroil" instead of the regular Kroil for freeing up
the pistons.  The Sili-Kroil has silicone added and this helps out a
lot with lubricating if the pistons do break free.

 My engine is still frozen and I have stripped 2 crankbolts.  My next
attack is a large strap wrench with a cheater bar around the pulley
where the crankbolt is attached.  If that doesn't work with another
soaking of Sili-Kroil as well, I might have to bite the bullet and
pull the motor and take it to a machine shop for a short block
rebuild.   Good luck to everyone with this 'frozen engine' problem.
If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know!!

Nick.