[FWDLK] Plymouth <One Last time>

 OK, Maybe I am beating a dead horse here.... But all of the justification I
have heard for discontinuing Plymouth has been that it only sells clones of
other products. And that is indeed a good reason to axe it, but when
Daimler-Chrysler states that this is the reason in there press release... It
sounds like the blame is being passes onto Plymouth.  When in fact the fault
is on Chrysler. I would just like to hear it said that "We made a mistake"
and that because of this, the most important car line in Chryslers history is
being trashed. No one can deny what Plymouth has provided for Chrysler, and
it just seems a shame that there is not some kind of embodiment that this
marque can take.  I know that the car manufacturers have to "Spin" everything
so that it all looks good, but it just seems like a defeat to have Plymouth
killed, and they are trying to pass it off as a growth thing. Its not, It is
like the CEO coming in and slashing Grammas throat. And its all the more sad
that Gramma will bleed to death until the end of the 2001 model year. Maybe
if I had bought a Plymouth they would be healthy today, Maybe if Chrysler
hadn't turned Plymouth into a knockdown Dodge I would have bought one. Maybe
if I just sit at home and bitch I can resolve this.  At any rate, It is not a
good thing.

<A HREF="http://us.media.daimlerchrysler.com/index_e.htm">D-C announcement</A>

Josh Ackerman