Re: [FWDLK] Running Out of Gas

Pending fixing malfunctioning gauges or senders in my cars, I use a simple
work-around to prevent running out of gas. I make sure to fill the gas tank
at (or as soon thereafter) every cardinal 200-mile mark on the odometer.
This way, when I jump into a car that I haven't driven in awhile, I just
look at the mileage. As it approaches xx000, 200, 400, 600, or 800 I know I
need to get gas. I used to use every 250 miles, but I ran out a couple of
times. I should mention that part B of my strategy is to generally carry a
small can of gas along in each car with a non-functional gauge.

Anybody have any good tips or tricks for swapping out a tank sending unit?

 - Dan Davids
Seattle