Re: [FWDLK] persistance pays off

Not always?

I tried that with 55 Windsor convert 6 or so years back.  The seller had it
in hemmings with a very low price and claimed to have decided to not sell
because he had fallen in love with it again.  I checked monthly for a while
only to find out that he sold it to another man who left an offer 50% higher
than his original hemmings sell price.   I did finally buy it from the next
guy at 2 1/2 times the HMN price.  Just took it to be completely stripped on
Tuesday and should get bare body back from stripper next week!   In the mean
while of course had bought another 55 convert which I now need to sell!

Now to the neat part of my story.  Got a call last evening from an man in
Colorado who is restoring a 53/54 Gia Chrysler GS-1.   This is the one that
was originally kept by Chrysler and is one of 6 known at this time.  Maybe
10 or so made.  He approached the lady owner years ago and offered to buy it
or to help her restore it or anything else he could do just to be around the
car.   She walked off without responding to him and he never brought the
subject up again.   Over the years she was contacted by others about the car
but this man never bothered her with it.  He went on doing other cars he got
over the time period but always kept an eye on the car since it was near
him.

The lady approached him this spring and offered the car to him.   NO CASH
INVOLVED, just a turn over of the title and if he sells it during her life
he is to split the proceeds with her!  This is I suppose a $200,000 car were
talking about!  The owner is doing a cosmetic restoration which is all it
needs and intends to use it!  Haven't gotten him to promise to drive it to
NE yet but working on it!    This is a case where not asking paid off better
but than again maybe that was a form of persistence also.  Almost tougher to
do than to ask though!  At least it would be for me.