[FWDLK] Fwd: [FWDLK] Hot Rodding in the New Millennium

bulletTo: wgraefen@OMNIGLOBAL.NET
  • Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Hot Rodding in the New Millennium
  • From: DupontTim@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 01:02:54 EST
  • Wayne,   Some tips on racing a Geo Metro. On your launch lean as far forward
    and to the right as you can (even thrust your entire body weight in a
    twisting fashion if possible), this will counteract the torque steer and add
    additional traction to the drive wheel. Then while shifting into second gear
    float weightlessly back in the seat, this allows the engine to rev higher
    before feeling the additional load of the drivers weight and allows more
    positive engagement of the clutch. Then when your weight impacts the seatback
    transfer all this force to the gas pedal in a karate type stroke, this
    ensures maximum opening of the throttle plate by compressing any loop pile or
    foam backing of the carpet. By now you should have a leg up (or a Charlie
    horse) on most amateur sub compact sportsman. However if needed after
    shifting to third a rapid up and down body motion accompanied by some sweet
    words of encouragement to your panting ponies has been known to be quite
    effective. Not that I have ever attempted these maneuvers in a true street
    battle, I can only say that in my closed course experimental intensive
    training sessions I felt very good about the preliminary results. Tim