[FWDLK] 57 Dodge D501

Forward Lookers, While we ponder the prospect of the "392 Commando Plymouth,"
there are two articles on surviving D501 Dodges you may want to locate for
your enjoyment. First in "The Second Annual Hemi Muscle" 1996 by the editors
of High Performance Mopar, "D501 TO BEAT" features a 57 Coronet 2dr sedan
D501 with a three speed manual and no radio or heater, super Heavy Duty and
Super Rare. If that don't wind yer clock then check out the Sept. 91 Mopar
Collectors Guide- "Killing Mice With A Sledgehammer" -This article features
an original unrestored 57 Coronet D501 Convertible. Can You Say WOW! Owned by
a former Chrysler exec this car is rarely shown, its 354 Dual Quad Racing
Hemi is coupled to a Torqueflite (for us daily drivers the car also has a
heater). In 57 these cars were intended to "hit" the racing circuits but
without the likes of Carl Kiekhaefer and Lee Petty to campaign them, and
coupled with a factory ban on race promotion that hit Chrysler particularly
hard, it wasn't to be. Even though they lack the racing heritage I am sure
they would have eyes a poppin' at today's car shows. Tim