[FWDLK] More questions on brakes

Could someone tell me the benefit of changing the single res master cyl to a
dual res one on a car that your not putting disc brake conversion on. I'm
sure the first thing someone will tell me is that I'll have two braking
systems if I lose fluid in one. I would think that also, but on a Ford
ranger that I had, I broke a rear brake line and the pedal went to the floor
and the front brakes did nothing and the res for the front was full

Nick