[FWDLK] Engine Color

I know this is not a forward look car but I just added a 1950 Dodge Wayfarer
Convt. to my stable. Does anyone know the correct engine color. I saw in
Collectible automobile magazine a photo of one restored where the engine was
Silver (similar to my 1959 and 1956). But when looking at the engine closely
I can see it was once Green. So what should it be Green or Silver?
Thanks!
Russell
1959 Desoto
1956 Coronet