Re: [FWDLK] removing trim

Deane,

I removed a similar piece from a salvage yard for one of my cars once. I
think that you are seeing the sealer that seals the rain gutter. When I
applied my stainless trim to a car which never had one, it chipped paint
over the hardened sealer (where it does not show), especially where there
was a small amount of excess sealer, in the rain gutter. If this piece had
been applied at the factory and there was a little excess sealer, the trim
may get imbedded in the soft uncured sealer.

I used the same removal technique that John did, except I was not wearing a
long sleeve shirt.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500